Your anxiety is lying to you: The secret of combating anxiety

Just like me, you may be too anxious to realize that your anxiety is lying to you.

Today’s world is full of anxiety. This is a problem that we have to deal with as a society. Anxiety, which is usually experienced as fear, is complex and very difficult to understand. It can affect our mood and even cause us to do things that we normally wouldn't do like drive recklessly or take risks.


your-anxiety-is-lying-to-you



I have been suffering from anxiety for the past few years now. I've always had trouble with my body, especially my back and hips. I would get headaches while driving at night when I would be tired and needed to pull over immediately after the light turns green on the highway. I couldn't sleep at night at all because of this problem and it was ruining my life for sure!


I've tried lots of different remedies for this problem but nothing worked until I come across the sentence “Your anxiety is lying to you”

Your anxiety is lying to you meaning

As the sentence suggests, your anxiety makes you imagine a series of negative and unrealistic scenarios. If this happens repeatedly, you are likely to have low self-esteem and disregard yourself. 

Maybe you do have your own personal dilemma, but it’s not so complicated that you have to worry about it all the time. In worst-case scenarios, you can’t fall asleep, perform other daily tasks and even work productively.

Captain Jack Sparrow has said

“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem”. 

Yeah. That’s very true! If you can understand that your anxiety amplifies your problems to the extent that you can’t come up with viable solutions, you will be closer to your solutions.

When your mind is sharp without turbulence from anxiety, you are totally able to address almost all thorny issues.

So, the first and foremost step in combating your anxiety is keeping in mind that your anxiety is lying to you.

I have read an article that discusses three ways your anxiety is lying to you, I find it fairly interesting:

  • I am not good enough

  • I cannot do this

  • Others hate me

If you want to find out more, you can have a look at it here

How can you Stop Negative Thoughts from Taking Over Your Mind?


We all have negative thoughts that we can't stop. Some of us are able to control them and some of us have no choice but to carry on with the negative thoughts that are running through our minds.


A bit of a trick is to try to stop your negative thoughts from taking over your mind. If you do this, you will be able to get rid of those negative thoughts and start focusing on positive ones.


Mindfulness is one of the most effective ways to reduce negative thoughts and improve your mental health. It's a natural way to find happiness and it can be achieved through meditation, yoga, and other forms of relaxation.

When it comes to mindfulness, Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh published a very popular book named “Mindfulness: Be Happy Now” that I highly recommend. 


On top of that, you can try coloring pictures. One coloring book that is recently well-known is Yes I have anxiety book. Or, you can take medication such as Adderall, wear anxiety ring spinners, laugh with anxiety memes, etc. 

An inspiring video I listened to might be suitable for you. It has gained 21,100 views until now.




I know that remembering the spell “your anxiety is lying to you” is not an easy task. Therefore, I have tried different ways to memorize the spell. I would like to introduce to you some effective ways for me below.

Wear your anxiety is lying to you shirt

If possible, you are encouraged to design your own shirt. In this way, you role-play as another person (probably your imaginary best friend having the same mental issues as you) reminding you that your anxiety is lying to you.


your-anxiety-is-lying-to-you-shirt


If you don’t have a knack for designing clothes or you don’t have much free time, you could consider buying a shirt. 

You can visit Amazon and type the correct keyword to select the most suitable T-shirt to buy. Or else, you can browse the online store “We’re not really strangers” to buy a hoodie. 

Wear your anxiety is lying to you bracelet

An additional choice besides a shirt is a bracelet. According to my research, you can find various your anxiety is lying to you bracelets on Etsy.


your-anxiety-is-lying-to-you-bracelet


Read your anxiety is lying to you quotes

I often use this way - designing photos of “your anxiety is lying to you” quotes to save on my smartphone or set as my avatar picture on social media sites.


your-anxiety-is-lying-to-you-quotes


Display your anxiety is lying to you wallpaper

I also set the picture of “your anxiety is lying to you” as my desktop and phone wallpaper.

Your anxiety is lying to you. You are loved and going to be okay 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post