🧐How can I control my social anxiety at work?

This post answers the questions of how can I control my social anxiety at work and is working from home good for social anxiety. Let’s find out the answer! 👇

Struggling at work with the effects of social anxiety disorder? Here are four strategies that can help you deal with social anxiety if it is preventing you from achieving your professional goals:


how-can-I-control-my-social-anxiety-at-work

4 ways to help control your social anxiety at work

1. Meditate

The practice of meditation has been shown via numerous studies to be effective in reducing stress and anxiety. You may learn to calm yourself in the face of anxiety and stress by devoting just ten minutes of each day to finding a comfortable position, remaining still, and concentrating on your breath.




2. Pay Attention to Your Results, Not How You Feel

People who struggle with SAD have a propensity to concentrate completely on how they experience themselves in social situations, rather than on the wonderful things that could occur. When you concentrate on how well you have performed thus far, you will find that your nerves begin to fade away.


As an illustration, when you have your next board meeting, don't worry about whether or not you will blush or sweat because you won't be able to control either of those things.


Simply concentrate on maintaining strong eye contact with each person in the room. After everything is said and done, you will look back on this accomplishment of yours and feel amazing about it.

3. Make an Effort to Accept Reality

In the face of your fear, it is critical to maintain a level of realism. For example, if you have delivered presentations in the past and have been successful, it is not realistic to tell yourself that you are "going to bomb" when you are about to give another speech.


Instead, tell yourself, "I have done well in the past, I am extremely prepared, and I will do a terrific job," and you will feel much better about the situation.




4. Consult with a Counselor or Psychologist

If you have found that your social anxiety has prevented you from advancing in your career or contributing financially to your family, then it is time for you to seek the assistance of a trained therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders.


They will be able to provide you with coping skills that will assist you in moving on with your life.




Is working from home good for social anxiety?

It's a positive thing since it has the potential to make day-to-day living a little less stressful in the short term.


However, in the long term, it may indicate that you are able to opt-out of pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone, which may indicate that anxiety is winning. If anxiety is winning, then it is probable that other methods of engaging with people will cause similar levels of worry.


Working in an environment where I was constantly surrounded by people helped me lessen the performance-related anxiety that I used to have.


Despite this, I went ahead and made the decision to work from home, and it wasn't long before I realized that emails, telephones, and messages caused me the same levels of anxiety as they had when I first began working in jobs that involved interacting with other people.


Working from home, therefore, encouraged my introverted tendencies and made it more challenging for me to contemplate leaving the house.


In the event that you decide to pursue a career that allows you the flexibility to work from home, one piece of advice I would provide is to avoid isolating yourself completely from the outside world. Doing so may cause you to become more emotionally fragile.





It is always necessary to speak to people, even if (like me) I used to carve at home - it still required speaking to most people, buyers, etc.


Putting distance between myself and other people did not improve my anxiety; on the contrary, it made me more sensitive when I was with other people. When I worked with other people and tackled the fear head-on, I noticed a significant reduction in its intensity.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post