Best Poems about Social Anxiety Must Read

This blog introduces a collection of poems about social anxiety written by people with different levels of experience and levels of confidence in writing poetry. The authors are those who suffered social anxiety for a long time in their life.

poems-about-social-anxiety


Why Poems are Important to Man

A poem is a short and simple piece of written work that expresses an idea or emotion. It is usually considered a 'work' rather than an 'essay'. Poetry writing is more than short thoughts on life and relationships. Poems are a form of art that is often used in our daily lives. They are written by people to express their emotions and feelings to their loved ones, and they can also be used as a way of understanding others.

Poems About Social Anxiety: A Poetry Anthology for People Who Have Social Anxiety

Poems about social anxiety are a great way to express your emotions and feelings. But, they can also be used to help someone with social anxiety when you need to write down your thoughts about something. Some people with social anxiety may do this to avoid others seeing them cry or become upset. When you write down your thoughts, you will have a way to look back on these times and know what to say in the future.



Many people have issues with their emotions and they don't know how to deal with them. If you feel anxious or depressed, it can be hard to calm down and relax. If this issue keeps bothering you, it is important to find a poem that will help you get rid of your anxiety or depression. You can find poems that will help you feel better among the following ones. It is impossible to imagine a color you have not seen. 

“Sanctuary” by Jean Valentine

People pray to each other. The way I say "you" to someone else,

respectfully, intimately, desperately. The way someone says

"you" to me, hopefully, expectantly, intensely ...

—Huub Oosterhuis

You       who I don’t know       I don’t know how to talk to you   

—What is it like for you there?

Here ... well, wanting solitude; and talk; friendship—

The uses of solitude. To imagine; to hear.

Learning braille. To imagine other solitudes.

But they will not be mine;

to wait, in the quiet; not to scatter the voices— [...]


“Clatter” by Neil Hilborn

I can't call my mother because she makes me panic.

When I say that I'm crying, what I really mean is that I want to cry, but can't.

Instead of dying: the jellyfish simply ceases to move.

Glass moves like any other liquid but slower.

Sex is another way of communicating with your body, like self harm or sign language.

I complete five crosswords a day because it stops the panic.

Trucks are downshifting on main street.

Most of what I do, I do to stop the panic [...]





“I Don’t Own Anxiety, But I Borrow It Regularly” by Kelli Russell Agodon

Once I believed the saint I carried could keep me

          safe. He lived in a rain jacket I wore 

                    to keep out the weather and by weather, 

I mean danger. Tell me a story 

          where no one dies. That story begins in heaven, 

                    ends in heaven and includes chapters 

on heaven, heaven, and heaven. [...]

 

“Here Comes Someone Whose Name I Should Know” by John Kenney

We have met so many times,

you and I.

And yet I have no idea

what your name is

as I stand,

frozen,

inane grin on my face.

Do you have a name?

Here you come,

smiling,

calling my name

as well as the names of my wife,

children,

and dog, Fortinbras. [...]





“Hold On” by Elisabeth Porter

I feel trapped in a box and tightly sealed, traveling on a ship across the sea

Everything in me wants to say “Why ME??”

It’s a claustrophobic atmosphere with many hours of feeling sick

It’s a claustrophobic atmosphere with not much room to think

It’s a claustrophobic atmosphere where anxiety seems to be the only food to eat

But you know what?!? — [...]

👉Related Reading: Best Anxiety-Free Jobs for People with Social Anxiety

“Home” by “Kandice”

Mind succumbed by familiar loneliness, dark, empty, distant

Hands dripping like a faucet, cold, wet, tremors

Heart pounding to my eardrums, thump, thump, thump

Breath escaping my body faster than my mind, labored, unsheathed, arrhythmic

Swallowing, quickly, last night’s dinner before heads turn, pathetic, unnatural, anxiety. [...]

“My Coma Has Come” by K. A. Kumi

My coma has come.

Wide-eyed, stiff-necked, pulse flooded,

extremity trembled, mind muddled, sterility.

My coma has come.

Tongue spun, shame bathed, function failed,

cringe caressed, mired mood, aridity. [...]

“There’s Always Tomorrow” by John Doe

I could have been great

I still could be

I could have been free

I might still be

I could have found hope

Then I should see

That I’m no worse

Then those around me

That I too can grow

And be my best me

I’ll do that tomorrow

Today I anxiety




“As I Ebb’d with the Ocean of Life” by Walt Whitman

As I ebb’d with the ocean of life,

As I wended the shores I know,

As I walk’d where the ripples continually wash you Paumanok,

Where they rustle up hoarse and sibilant,

Where the fierce old mother endlessly cries for her castaways,

I musing late in the autumn day, gazing off southward,

Held by this electric self out of the pride of which I utter poems,

Was seiz’d by the spirit that trails in the lines underfoot,

The rim, the sediment that stands for all the water and all the land of the globe. [...]

“We Grow Accustomed to the Dark” by Emily Dickinson

We grow accustomed to the Dark -

When Light is put away -

As when the Neighbor holds the Lamp

To witness her Good bye -


A Moment - We Uncertain step

For newness of the night -

Then - fit our Vision to the Dark -

And meet the Road - erect - [...]


“The Second Coming” by W. B. Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity [...]



 “Anxiety” by D. H. Lawrence

The hoar-frost crumbles in the sun,

The crisping steam of a train

Melts in the air, while two black birds

Sweep past the window again.


Along the vacant road, a red

Bicycle approaches; I wait

In a thaw of anxiety, for the boy

To leap down at our gate [...]

I recommend that you should find and read the full version of the above poems to grasp the deep meaning and genuine connection. Other poems you might also be interested in:

  • “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T. S. Eliot

  • “Preludes III” by T. S. Eliot

  • “September 1, 1939” by W. H. Auden

  • “Little Exercise” by Elizabeth Bishop

  • “Anxiety of Ten o’Clock” by Miriam Goodman

Poems About Social Anxiety: A Poetry Anthology for People Who Have Social Anxiety

Many people have issues with their emotions and they don't know how to deal with them. If you feel anxious or depressed, it can be hard to calm down and relax. If this issue keeps bothering you, it is important to find a poem that will help you get rid of your anxiety or depression. Hope you can find poems that will help you feel better in this blog.

You are encouraged to compose a poem about social anxiety if you want to vent out your hard-to-tell mental state. We should not be afraid to talk about our emotions and let them come out in a natural way as they do naturally in our own lives.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post